Chia seeds have a reputation for being a “superfood” and for a good reason they may be tiny, but they pack a wallop of nutritional punch. Infact just 1 spoon full of chia seeds, that’s five ounces to be precised has just 69 calories but boasts five grams of fibers, four grams of fat and two grams of protein.
You can find a lot of foods that are high in fiber and fat, but chia seeds have these benefits in a very small package, I think that’s what makes it super.
The health benefits of chia seeds aren’t exactly new, infact people have been eating them for more than 500 years. Originally from Mexico and Guatemala, chia also known as Salvia hispanica L. A member of the mint family, was used by Aztecs and Mayans. In everything from meals to medicines to cosmetics, these tiny seeds are as versatile as healthy.
HERE ARE 6 REASONS WHY CHIA SEEDS ARE GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH
- 1. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber
- 2. Chia seeds may help build strong bones
- 3. Chia seeds are a complete protein
4. Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids
5. Chia seeds can help you stay hydrated
6. Chia seeds may help you lose weight